Saturday, May 12, 2007

hair do, hair don't

for as much as i fret about my hair length, one might think i was a hair stylist or loosing my hair or a complete narcissist. i'm not any, okay maybe the tiniest bit narcissistic...long story short, i just cut my hair a couple weeks ago after letting it grow for 7 or so months, i just can't do the long hair thing like i once could, and i like it. but i can't help, nor understand why it is that EVERY time i see Jack from Lost or Brangelina in Mr.& Mrs. Smith, it makes me want break out the clippers and join the (short)hair club for men. has hollywood really brainwashed me? do i honestly think i'll get more ladylove if i look like these guys, or at least my hair looks like their hair? no. no?
each time i see these guys and think "i should buzz my head again" it's really just a visual reminder that having a buzzcut is kinda cool, it's super low maintenance, i use WAY less hair product, it's REALLY difficult to have a bad hair day, it's cooler in the hot summer sun, and it shows off the scar i got in that barfight(read: jumpin' on the bed when i was 6 and bounced into the windowsill). right? ri-ight?
the next time you see me, you might have to thank( and ladies read: think of me as) one of the following men

4 comments:

Bethany said...

hahaha - I don't know you but I thought this post was awesome. I love how you totally analyze the affect media might have on your hair cut. Ahhh - hollywood. I have no idea what you look like but I am sure your haircut is great.

f*bomb. said...

Nice way to be more inclusive. VERY NICE.
I vote for "The Jack." Because Mr Smith is a slimy, cheaty, creep.

cherries said...

Hmmmm, Aaron ummm well I understand when you refer about the media and hollywood influence. I too have been thinking about just chopping off all my hair short,but then I think about all those women with the long and sexy hair. But I like your hair longer. Ture,a buzz cut is nice and cool for the summer, but I still like your hair longer and I'm not sorry I said so!

Anonymous said...

Well said.