Thursday, September 20, 2007

It's The Little Things



Plastic makes things taste funny. Plastic cups are for kids (or clumsy people). Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi tastes significantly better in a glass, or a ceramic mug, than in a plastic cup. Glass and stoneware are more refined than plastic. Plastic has many great uses. My preferred drink container isn't one of them.

I moved recently and was without any mugs or glass glasses for a little while, I bought some mugs and tumblers this week and it has been wonderful enjoying real flavors again. Hot chocolate is hot chocolate-ier, water is snow-melt-mountain-spring-fresh (okay maybe that's due to the new brita filter), dark carbonated beverages, of the regular and unleaded varieties, are far more gratifying. Friends, get a glass, mug or both, take the taste test and tell me you don't notice the difference. Expose your taste buds to a whole new world.

Sometimes it is the little things.

3 comments:

Darcy said...

I agree.

I also have "A Whole New World" from Aladdin stuck in my head, and it's all your fault.

You said it, not me.

f*bomb. said...

I refuse to use plastic utensils of any kind when real dishes and glasses are available. Plastic makes me feel juvinille- like I can't be trusted.
It is also unsettling to see the wear and tear of other people's mouths on those plastic-reusable items. shudder.

k8 said...

ok but here is the thing...absolutely nothing beats the first sip of Diet Coke out of a can.

i'm sure you can argue that aluminum is only a small step up from plastic but oh man, for the addict the pop of the can opening and the fizz of that first sip? i haven't the words to properly explain.