Wednesday, September 24, 2008

iPhone 2.0: the saga continues

some friends have asked "how is the ol' iphone working?" or "what'd you switch too?" well, i have yet to switch, but i will next month. i kinda thought maybe the G1 Android-based phone from T-mobile, but it looks kinda outdated, and as much as the Android software holds promise, it'll experience some first run glitches and THOSE are the things STILL driving me crazy about my iphone.
yeah, the iphone 2.1 software came out, and Steve Jobs said it would get rid of crashses and bugs. uh, NOPE, try again AGAIN. it DID get rid of some of my glitches, but it replaced them with others. now my phone won't download my email unless i tell it to, in spite of it being set to automatically fetch every 15 minutes. is my email THAT critical? NO, but the phone isn't doing something it's suppose to do. it also still likes to close whilst i am typing a text message, and the predictive type seems to not be working as well, or quickly as before-and i CAN'T type that fast. 
so my search continues, i am pretty close to pulling the trigger on going back to a blackberry. hmmm.

1 comment:

CoCo said...

I'm saying this with love ... maybe you just need to be more forgiving of technology. :)

BTW I think the G1 is appealing (and no I'm not a designer, so that opinion is not from the vista of a designer).